The MIT Undergraduate Committee on Community was founded in the spring of 2015, with the goal of both fostering a widespread and powerful sense of community throughout the undergraduate body of MIT and helping to assure that every member of the undergraduate community has a voice, helping to increase unity among the student body.
We are currently working to:
- Feature a "Person of the Week" in the byte, recognizing someone who helps make life at MIT a little brighter.
- Fund a "Borrow a Basket" program where students can use UA funding to have spontaneous picnics with new friends.
- Make the dining hall experience more social and open.
- Assist with initiatives on racial, sexual, and socioeconomic diversity across campus.
- Find even more ways to make MIT a better place!
We believe that MIT is a place where everyone deserves to feel welcomed, loved, and valued as a member of the community. If you believe this too and want to join us or have suggestions for projects, reach out to me (below!) at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest or apply in the upper-right corner!